Malaysian’s seasonal fruits are back. I’ve bought a few durians on two occasions but the taste were not fantastic and yet the price were expensive! I also bought kampung durians and the quantity inside were very few.
I also bought rambutan from supermarkets. The price is ok. When eating rambutan, i like to eat them when they are clean. I will peel the skin, rinse the fruits and keep them cool first in the fridge.
Last week, i wanted to make fruits salad, so i bought different types of fruits. Apparently, they are not cheap either and i had to spend quite a lot. The fruits are normally sold in packages and i’ve included the prices below.
HOMEMADE MIX FRUITS SALAD
(for 3-4 people)
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING MIX FRUITS SALAD
- strawberries (RM10.50)
- kiwis (RM11.10)
- green grapes (RM11.75)
- black grapes (RM10.25)
- mix fruits : oranges, green apples, red apples (RM7)
- fruit salad dressing (RM7.60)
*Sometimes i use yogurt for the dressing instead of the fruits dressing.
*You can substitute the fruits according to your preference.
HOW TO PREPARE MIX FRUITS SALAD
- Slice the strawberries, kiwis, oranges and apples into small desired sizes.
- Mix all the fruits in a bowl.
- Divide them equally and put them into a few containers. If you are having a party, just leave them in the bowl.
- Pour the fruit salad dressing or yogurt only when you want to eat the mix fruits salad.
I refrigerated the fruits salad enough for three days. There is no need to freeze them.