I always like to try out different types and brands of pasta when making a western or fusion version type of pasta meal. Somehow, when i cooked the fusion version meal by using a lot of local ingredients, some of the meals will turn out tastier, some not so. This time, i am using Barilla spaghettini to cook my version of fusion spaghetti. Guess what, surprisingly, the taste of the meal turned out to be excellent!!
You should try this recipe regardless of your location because the ingredients are easy to find. Most of them are already available in your kitchen and fridge.
EASY FUSION CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
(for 3-4 people)
Prepare the spaghetti according to the label. I’m using 300g.
SECOND STEP – Preparing the chicken
By the way, it is up to you if you just want to throw in the cut boneless chicken meat into the pan/wok. You can also substitute the chicken with any type of seafood.
Here, i wanted to make this meal a little bit special by seasoning and frying the chicken meat.
First, i cut them into smaller bites pieces’. Next, i seasoned them with salt, black pepper and turmeric/curry powder.
Fry them until a little crispy (as you can see in the picture).
OTHER INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING FUSION CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- 3-4 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 3-4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (mince)
- a few red chilies or bird eye chilies (slice, if using bird eye chilies, get rid of the seeds)
- a few cherry tomatoes (slice into half)
- green veggies
- spring onions (cut into smaller pieces)
- black pepper/white pepper
- salt and sugar
- a few drops of lime juice
- some water
HOW TO COOK FUSION CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- Heat up a pan/wok
- Pour in some olive oil
- First, saute the garlic and chilies
- Then, add in the tomato and soy sauce
- At this point, you can add in some water to dilute the ingredients. Stir.
- Then, add in the veggies and chicken
- Now, you can add in the spaghetti
- Next, add in the cherry tomatoes and spring onions
- Gently mix everything together
- Season with black pepper/white pepper, sugar and salt
- Lastly, add in a few drops of lime juice.
The spaghetti is ready to be served!