If i am cooking at home, i will always try to use a lot of natural ingredients where ever possible. Here, i did not have turmeric powder and i also did not bother to buy turmeric leaves but i did have turmeric herbs in my fridge. So i thought, what the heck, i will just make use of the turmeric herbs alone.
Regardless, i was concern about the gravy’s colour. It should be yellow-orange.
It did turned out yellow!
SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK
(for 3-4 people)
*The authentic recipe should include pumpkin (CLICK HERE) instead of the green vegetables. If you don’t even like both, you can substitute them with tomatoes.
- shrimps (clean them but leave the shells on)
- water 500 ml
- coconut milk 200 ml
- green vegetables
- turmeric (mince or slice small)
- red onions (slice small)
- bird eye chilies (you can throw in a few or slice them and get rid of the seeds)
The cooking process:
- In a pot, pour in the water, add in the turmeric and red onions
- Add in all the coconut milk
- Stir while the turmeric colour slowly dispersing
- Add in the green vegetables, shrimps and bird eye chilies
- Season with salt and sugar
- Turn off the heat.
♥ ♥ ♥