I think i am getting good at cooking chili recipes (sambal). Practice makes perfect. This time, i wanted to fully utilised the dried chilies, so i bought a small packet which is just enough to cook two chili meals. The seeds inside the dried chilies can cause a meal to be ridiculously hot. Therefore, it is very important to get rid of the seeds as much as possible.
This is how i prepare the dried chilies and get rid of the dried chilies seeds’. If you have a better idea, please share…
So, you just need to blend all of these ingredients together with the already prepared dried chilies.
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 2 small red onions (cut smaller)
• 1/2 inch ginger (cut smaller)
• I-2 tablespoon of cooking oil
• 1-2 tablespoon of sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• some water
The above is for one set of chili ingredients. Divide the dried chilies equally into two portions (50g each).
Here i’m cooking fish with the dried chilies.
ready-to-cook chili (sambal) ingredients
CHILI FISH RECIPE
(for 2- 3 people)
- Fish (any type of fish that can be deep fried)
- One large onion (slice)
- A few drops of lime juice
- 5-6 tablespoons of cooking oil (approximate)
- Some water
- Sugar and salt.
Season the fish with some salt and pepper.
Deep fry the fish.
- In a wok/fry pan, pour in the cooking oil
- Wait until the oil is warm
- Slowly, pour in all the blended ingredients
- Stir well until cooked
- Add in the sliced onions
- At this point, if the ingredients become too thick, add in a little bit of water
- Stir well and taste the gravy
- Season with sugar and salt
- Add in a few drops of lime juice
- Stir well
- Turn off the heat
- Pour the gravy on the fish.
♥ ♥ ♥